Quran is the 4th and last sacred Holy Book of Almighty Allah. Quran is the Book of guidance for the whole of mankind. It was revealed on our beloved Prophet (SAW) who is the last Prophet of Allah Almighty. The Holy Quran is that one book that came years before but is still preserved the same way as it came. Allah says:
قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
“Say: If you should love Allah, then follow me. Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, for Allah is forgiving and merciful.” (Surah Ali Imran 3:31)
There are no changes made in it, and there will be no changes in it till the last day. If you take a closer look at the Quran, you will know that it is the complete code of life and it brings along the answer to every possible question. Allah Almighty said about Quran: Allah says:
ذَٰلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ
“That (is) the book no doubt in it, a Guidance for the God-conscious.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:2)
Quran is the Divine book towards which Muslims turn when there is any problem because the Quran has the solution to every problem and it is a guide for every aspect of life. Indeed the Book of Allah is not a book like any other, it is the timeless Speech of Allah, not a created thing, and the study guide for life and death and what comes after. Allah says:
أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللَّهِ لَوَجَدُوا فِيهِ اخْتِلَافًا كَثِيرًا
“Then (do) not they ponder (on) the Quran? And if it had (been) from other than Allah, surely they (would have) found in it much contradiction. ” (Surah An-Nisa: 4:82)
Therefore it deserves a more careful study than anyone else’s speech. So, as Muslims, we should recite the Quran daily with a better understanding so that we can earn Allah’s blessings in this life and the hereafter. Although Muslims give great respect to the Quran and conduct their matters under the light of instructions mentioned in the Quran. Allah says:
كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِّيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ
“(This is) a Book We have revealed it to you, blessed, that they may ponder (over) its Verses and may be reminded those of understanding. ” (Surah Sad 38:29)
Rewards of Reciting the Quran
Muslims will earn great rewards for reciting the Quran and implementing it in their daily life routine. We will discuss some rewards from Quran and Hadiths in this article. From this ayah of the Quran, it is clear that the purpose of the Quran is to bring blessings to a person and it instigates the spirit of monitoring in the readers. Therefore, if one does not read the Quran on daily basis, he or she is actually missing a chance of getting inspiration to ponder over all the things Allah has created and all the matters of life.
Quran leads to Paradise: Recitation of Holy Quran leads to paradise. In the Holy Quran, it states in these words:
Cleansing Of Heart: Quran being a Heavenly Book is not merely words, rather the Quran has a direct influence on the heart of the reader or the listener. When a Muslim recites Quran, it affects the heart and purifies it by cleaning it from all the impurities that stick on it. Allah Almighty says in the Quran:
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءَتْكُم مَّوْعِظَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَشِفَاءٌ لِّمَا فِي الصُّدُورِ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
“O mankind! Verily has come to you instruction from your Lord, and a healing for what (is) in your breasts, and guidance and mercy for the believers. ” (Surah Yunus10:57)
Benefits and Virtues of Reciting the Quran:
Let us look at some of the benefits of reciting the Quran on a daily basis with understanding so that we can get closer to the majestic words of Almighty Allah. Therefore, in order to gain religious rewards, a Muslim needs to recite Quran regularly every day.
- The Quran will intercede for us on the Day of Judgment: Prophet (SAW) said that: “Read the Quran, for verily it will come on the Day of Standing as an intercessor for its companions.”(Muslim)
- Cleansing of Heart: When a Muslim recites the Quran, it affects the heart and purifies it by cleaning it from all the impurities that stick on it.
- Be from the best of the people: If you want to be the ones who are best in the eyes of Allah then teach the Quran to others and learn it too. In hadith, our beloved Prophet (SAW) said: “The best of you are the ones who learn the Quran and teach it to others”(Bukhari)
- Ten Rewards for each letter recitation from Quran: Hadith related to this is stated in a way that: “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” (Tirmidhi). So increase the recitation of the Quran to get these rewards.
- Knowing about matters related to daily life: The Holy Quran does not just comprise of teachings about the past nations but also encloses life-transforming instructions and guidelines from the Gracious Lord. In the Holy Quran Allah stated: “And, We have certainly presented for the people in this Qur’an from every [kind of] example – that they might remember.” (Quran, 39: 27). From this verse, we can say that the Sacred Book Holy Quran consists of such examples which are very crucial for one to remember in order to seek constant guidance. So from the Quran, we can get any kind of guidance for our daily life problems and all kind of matters.
- Chance of Communication with Allah Almighty: Quran recitation can be made attractive and in doing so it can initiate a sort of conversation with Allah Almighty. The example of which can be seen in the form of the way Prophet (SAW) read Quran: “And when He (Prophet) recited the verses which referred to the Glory of Allah, He glorified Him, the Great, and when He recited the verses that mention supplication, He supplicated, and when He recited the Verses that mention seeking Refuge of the Rabb He sought (His) refuge” (Muslim).
- You will get the position in Paradise on the basis of Quran memorization in this life: If you want to get a higher rank in Paradise then memorize and recite Quran effectively. The Holy Prophet (SAW) stated related to it as: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: Read and elevate (through the levels of the Paradise) and beautify your voice as you used to do when you were in the Dunya! For verily, your position in Paradise will be at the last verse you recite!”(Abu Dawood)
- Quran will lead to Paradise: Quran recitation will lead all of them who recited it regularly to paradise. Our beloved Prophet (SAW) stated: “The Quran is an intercessor, something has given permission to intercede, and it is rightfully believed in. Whoever puts it in front of him, it will lead him to Paradise; whoever puts it behind him, it will steer him to the Hellfire.”
- Fulfilment of Religious Duty: The Most Merciful has commanded all the Muslims to reflect on the Quranic Instructions not only to appreciate their significance for it is a Divine Book that leads towards righteousness and morality. It is our religious duty to recite the Quran with understanding.
Allah Almighty says in The Holy Quran:
- “((Allah)) Most Gracious!” (Surah Ar-Rahman, 1)
- “By the Qur’an, full of Wisdom.” (Surah Yasin, 2)
- “It is He Who has taught the Qur’an.” (Surah Ar-Rahman, 2)
- “By the Glorious Qur’an (Thou art Allah.s Messenger..” (Surah Qaf, 1)
- “That this is indeed a Qur’an Most Honourable.” (Surah Al-Waqia, 77)
- “These are verses of the Qur’ an, -a book that makes (things) clear.” (Surah an-Naml, 1)
- “We know best what they say; and thou art, not one to overawe them by force. So admonish with the Qur’an such as fear My Warning!” (Surah Qaf, 45)
- “O, my Lord! Truly my people took this Qur’an for just foolish nonsense.” (Surah Al-Furqan, 30)
- “We have not sent down the Qur’an to thee to be (an occasion) for thy distress.” (Surah Taha, 2)
- “Or a little more; and recite the Qur’an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.” (Surah Al-Muzzammil, 4)
Daily recitation of the Quran brings reward from Allah; it can also bring other benefits in the form of the cleansing of the heart, a chance of communication with Allah and thus becoming a better Muslim every day. daily recitation of the Quran brings reward from Allah. Allah says:
إِنَّ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ يَهْدِي لِلَّتِي هِيَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا
“Indeed, this, the Quran, guides to that which (is) most straight and gives glad tidings to the believers – those who do the righteous deeds, that for them (is) a reward great,” (Surah Al-Isra 17:9)
It can also bring other benefits in the form of the cleansing of the heart, revitalization of the true path, a chance of conversing with Allah and thus becoming a better Muslim every day. Therefore, if someone does not know how to read and recite Arabic, The Holy Quran is a highly admired Book of Allah (SWT) that requires proper understanding.