Thinking well of Allah is a fundamental aspect of our worship. How can we worship Him the way He deserves to be worshipped when we are not aware of His Attributes or when we think that He is akin to the people around us? We need to study and know the Attributes of Allah. Allah is nothing like any of His creations. He is free of defects and deficiencies. His Promise is always true and He never forgets. Even the tiniest of our deeds does not escape His Attention. He is never too busy to ignore us. Allah says:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ إِنَّا لَا نُضِيعُ أَجْرَ مَنْ أَحْسَنَ عَمَلًا
“Indeed, those who believed and did the good deeds, indeed, We will not let go waste (the) reward (of one) who does good deeds.” (Surah Al-Kahf 18: 30)
Thinking well of Allah arises from our firm belief in Tawheed. Knowing that Allah is One and Alone, He doesn’t have any partners who will help us. Allah is the Most Merciful, Powerful, Forgiving, the best Planner & Controller of everything. He alone we should expect & ask from. If we truly recognize Allah’s Majesty only then will we believe that He alone deserves this unshakable certainty? Allah says:
وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِن كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ
“And when proclaimed your Lord, “If you are thankful, surely I will increase you; but if you are ungrateful indeed, My punishment (is) surely severe.” (Surah Ibrahim 14:7)
Thinking well need to firmly believe that Allah answers our duas, forgives us and that He is enough for us. Count all your Blessings and ponder over your past, recounting all the moments that Allah never let you down. This lack of education on our part helps Shaytaan play with our minds and heart. This creates hopelessness in us and we begin to despair the Mercy of Allah. Allah says:
وَاللَّهُ يُرِيدُ أَن يَتُوبَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَيُرِيدُ الَّذِينَ يَتَّبِعُونَ الشَّهَوَاتِ أَن تَمِيلُوا مَيْلًا عَظِيمًا
“And Allah wishes to accept repentance from you, but with those who follow the passions that you deviate – (into) a deviation great.” (Surah An-Nisa’ 4: 27)
Thinking well need to keep in mind that a good opinion has to be followed by good actions. We can’t be mean to people or disobey Allah and then expect that He be kind to us. Allah will make for him a way out and will provide for him from where he does not expect. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. When we do wrong, let us feel guilty, but let us also flee to Allah. Have a good opinion of Allah. If you are sincere, He will forgive you.
Here are some amazing positivity facts to Improve our Outlook:
- Thinking well Allah wants to teach us, to purify us from sin
- Thinking well of Allah, no matter how bad we are
- Thinking well Allah (SWT) will forgive us anyway
- Thinking well well of Allah when you are tested
- Thinking well might be that Allah is saving us
- Thinking well means doing acts of obedience
- Thinking well and striving in righteous deeds
- Thinking well Allah, He gives you more
- Thinking well Allah makes us better
- Thinking well improves our skillset
- Thinking well bring only the best
- Thinking well leads to better health
- Thinking well of Allah when you sin
- Thinking well we strive to do good deeds
- Thinking well means getting the best interest
- Thinking well and believing in the great impact
- Thinking well change the structure of the brain
- Thinking well of Allah (SWT) and therefore does good
- Thinking well we assume that He will never forgive us
- Thinking well get is in our best interest, and be thankful to Allah
Sometimes, our sins weigh heavily on us. We recognize our mistakes but instead of turning back to Allah, we turn away. We feel that we must be so bad that even the All-Merciful will reject us. Other times, we do not see the fruits of our perseverance and believe that we will not be given what we have worked so hard for. Perhaps we do not even begin an endeavour, thinking there is no use. Allah says:
لَّوْلَا إِذْ سَمِعْتُمُوهُ ظَنَّ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتُ بِأَنفُسِهِمْ خَيْرًا وَقَالُوا هَٰذَا إِفْكٌ مُّبِينٌ
“Why not, when you heard it, think the believing men and the believing women good of themselves and say, “This (is) a lie clear?” (Surah An-Nur 24:12)
Think well of Allah when embarking on something difficult, even if you fail. We believe to be our own good deeds or abilities. Once we slip up or feel that we do not have the strength to continue, we do not think well enough of Allah to believe that He will guide us through. We must understand that when we think well of Allah, that is what we will find. Allah says:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَكُونُوا مَعَ الصَّادِقِينَ
“O you who believe, keep your duty to Allah, and be with the truthful people.” (Surah At-Tawbah 9:119)
Shaytan does not just want you to go to hell but also wants to ensure you live in hell in this world. Just like he despaired, he wants you to despair. Our good opinion of Allah should never allow us to do that. Allah wants to accept your repentance because your repenting is recognition of His Name al-Ghaffar (the One who constantly forgives).
Thinking well of Allah (SWT) should make us look beyond the test:
- Making dua with Certainty: Making dua is not only an action of the lips but also includes the intention in one’s heart.
- The Intention of Our Deeds: Performing deeds solely for Allah’s Pleasure and having a firm belief that Allah will accept them and reward us in the best way is another way of imbibing
- Belief in Allah’s Promise: Allah always keeps His Word and will Grant us all that He Promises. For instance, if He Promises ease with every hardship, then indeed we will have that ease.
- Repenting & Seeking Forgiveness: This teaches us to sincerely repent and seek forgiveness from Allah with the hope that He will accept our repentance and forgive us.
- Trials & Tribulations: The most crucial stage to have a good opinion of Allah is when calamity falls upon the believer.
- At the Time of Death: Finally, we are encouraged to remember and remind others of Allah’s Mercy & Forgiveness on our/their death beds so that when we leave this world, we are hopeful of meeting our Lord.
A believer knows that trials occur only due to Allah’s infinite Wisdom, and to purify and increase us in closeness to Him. We might not understand why we are suffering but being positive in those times will help us to accept Allah’s Decree and make us realize that tests from Allah are in our best interest which we may comprehend only later. We recognize our mistakes but instead of turning back to Allah (SWT), we turn away. We feel that we must be so bad that even the All-Merciful will reject us.
Allah Almighty says in The Holy Quran:
- “Allah loves those who are patient.” (Quran 3:145)
- “If you are grateful, I will give you more.” (Quran 14:7)
- “Do good to others, surely Allah loves those who do good to others.” (Quran 2:195)
- “Do not ascribe purity to yourselves. Allah knows best who is righteous.” (Quran 53:32)
- “O you who believe! keep your duty to Allah and speak straight true words.” (Quran 33:70)
- “The servants of the Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility.” (Quran 25:63)
- “O you who believe, keep your duty to Allah, and be with the truthful people.” (Quran 9:119)
- “So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.” (Quran 53:32)
The Prophets and Messengers of Allah had pinned all their hopes onto Allah, most especially when all odds were stacked against them. The fire was cooled for Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him), Prophet Yunus (peace be upon him) came out of the belly of a fish and Prophet Zakariya (peace be upon him) was blessed with a child even though he was old and his wife barren. Why? Because they knew that Allah would respond to their pleas and get them out of every situation no matter how impossible they seemed. Allah says:
وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُم بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوْفِ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ
“Give good news to the patient, who, when a misfortune befalls them, say: We are Allah’s and to Him do we return.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:155)
Having a positive outlook is the most important thing to bring ease in life especially when everything around us seems unbearable. It is the good belief that Allah is the Most Powerful, the Giver, our Savior & our Provider which will stop us from fearing people, and fear Allah instead. It will help us be consistent in our worship and teach us to ask from Allah alone rather than tiring ourselves in struggling to gain acceptance from people.