Heaven (Jannah) is a place in the afterlife filled with all sorts of comfort and pleasures. Allah made this place for his pious servants. Heaven is the ultimate goal for mankind after the end of the world. Many people are trying to be the inhabitants of heaven because Allah promises the pleasure and enjoyment of the inhabitants that they can not get while in the world. Actually, there are seven Earths and seven Skies, to be more precise and this is also in the Quran: Allah says:
اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ وَمِنَ الْأَرْضِ مِثْلَهُنَّ يَتَنَزَّلُ الْأَمْرُ بَيْنَهُنَّ لِتَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا
“Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.” (At-Talaaq:12)
Heaven is a gift to Allah’s servants who believe and always obey Him. Every human would want to go to heaven and do not want to go to hell. Therefore, we need to do good deeds as much as possible and follow Allah’s instructions because they are the key to entering heaven.
“And those who believed and did righteous deeds, those (are the) companions (of) Paradise; they in it (will) abide forever.” (Al-Baqarah 2:82)
Allah Almighty says in The Holy Quran:
- Those who fear Allah SWT: “Near it (is the) Garden (of) Abode.” (An- Najm 53: 15)
- “Indeed, for the righteous with their Lord (are) Gardens (of) Delight.” (Al-Qalam 68:34)
- People who are truly faithful and pious: “As for those who believe and do righteous deeds, then for them (are) Gardens (of) Refuge (as) hospitality for what they used (to) do.” (As-Sajdah 32:19)
- “But whoever comes to Him (as) a believer verily, he has done the righteous deeds, then those for them (will be) the ranks, [the] high. Gardens (of) Eden flows from underneath them the rivers, abiding forever in it. And that (is) the reward (for him) who purifies himself.” (Ta-Ha 20:75-76)
- “Except (one) who repented and believed and did good (deeds). Then those will enter Paradise and not they will be wronged (in) anything. Gardens (of) Eden, which promised the Most Gracious (to) His slaves in the unseen. Indeed, [it] is His promise sure to come.” (Maryam 19: 60-61)
- “And among them (is he who is) foremost in good deeds by permission (of) Allah. That is the Bounty the great. Gardens (of) Eternity, they will enter them. They will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls, and their garments therein (will be of) silk.” (Fatir 35:32-33)
- “The Sovereignty (on) that Day (will be) for Allah, He will judge between them. So those who believe and did righteous deeds (will be) in Gardens (of) Delight.” (Al-Hajj 22:56)
- “This (is) a Reminder. And indeed, for the righteous surely, is a good place of return, Gardens (of) Eternity, (will be) opened for them the gates.” (Sad 38: 49-50)
- “For them (will be) home (of) [the] peace with their Lord. And He (will be) their protecting friend because (of what) they used to do.” (An’am 6:127)
- “And those who (are) patient, seeking (the) Face (of) their Lord and establish the prayer and spend from what We have provided them, secretly and publicly and they repel with the good the evil – those for them (is) the final attainment (of) the Home – Gardens of Eden, they will enter them and whoever (were) righteous among their fathers and their spouses, and their offsprings. And the Angels will enter upon them from every gate, (Saying), “Peace (be) upon you for what you patiently endured. And excellent (is) the final attainment (of) the Home.” (Ar Ra’d 13:22-24)
- Those who fear Allah’s greatness and refrain from bad lust: “But as for (him) who feared to stand (before) his Lord, and restrained his soul from the vain desires, Then indeed, Paradise – it (is) the refuge.” (An-Nazi’at 79: 40-41)
- “And Allah calls to (the) Home (of) the Peace, and guides whom He wills to (the) straight path.” (Yunus 10:25)
- “And it will be said to those who fear Allah, “What has your Lord sent down?” They will say, “Good.” For those who do good in this world (is) a good, and the home of the Hereafter (is) better. And surely excellent (is) the home (of) the righteous. Gardens (of) Eden – which they will enter, flow from underneath them the rivers. For them therein (will be) whatever they wish. Thus Allah rewards the righteous.” (An-Nahl 16:30-31)
- “Race to (the) forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden its width (is) like (the) width (of) the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers. That (is the) Bounty (of) Allah, He gives (to) whom He wills. And Allah (is) the Possessor of bounty, the Great.” (Al-Hadid 57:21)
- “Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds, for them (are) Gardens (of) Delight.” (Luqman 31:8)
The concept of the Seven Heavens in Islam:
- Firdaus Heaven (Paradise): It is the highest and most exalted heaven reserved for those who do not associate partners with Allah for anything, guard against any prohibited activity, and practice what Allah and His Apostle command. The privilege of Firdaus heaven is the inhabitants will be able to see the face of Allah 2x in a day, morning and evening. While the higher favours again in this heaven is when humans can look at the face of Allah.
- As for how to see Allah is not the way we see with the usual eye that is prevalent, but the way is with eyesight that has been determined by Allah for the inhabitants of heaven. Firdaus heaven is created by Allah from gold. This heaven is always called the true paradise because of the condition in there.
- “Indeed, those who believed and did righteous deeds, for them will be Gardens (of) the Paradise (as) a lodging.” (Al-Kahf 18:107)
- The prospective inhabitants are:
- Those who keep the mandates (which he carries) and his promises,
- People who keep the prayer,
- People who turn away from wasted work.
- People who keep his genital, except to their wives.
- People who pay zakat
“Indeed, successful (are) the believers. Those who [they] during their prayers (are) humbly submissive, those who [they] from the vain talk turn away, those who [they] of purification works (are) doers and those who [they] of their modesty (are) guardians except for their spouses or what they rightfully possess then indeed, they (are) not blameworthy. Then whoever seeks beyond that then those [they] (are) the transgressors. And those who [they] of their trusts and their promise(s) (are) observers and those who [they] over their prayers they guard who will inherit the Paradise. They therein (will) abide forever.” (Al-Mu’minun 23:1-11)
- ‘And Heaven (Garden of Eternity/Eden): ADN heaven is an eternal place devoted to those who fear Allah. ‘Adn heaven was created by Allah from a white diamond. This heaven is often called the Garden of Eternity or the Garden of Eden.“Gardens (of) Eternity, (will be) opened for them the gates.” (Sad 38:50)
The prospective inhabitants are :
- Those who are patient because they seek the blessings of their Lord, establish prayers and spend some of the fortunes that We give them secretly or openly and reject evil with good.
- One who repents believes, and works righteously
- Those who are truly righteous
- People who do good deeds
5. Na’im Heaven (Gardens of Delight): Na’im heaven is full of pleasure and is reserved for people who believe, have strong Iman, and do good deeds. Na’im heaven was created by Allah from white silver. This heaven is often called the Garden of Delight. Prospective residents are:
- Those who believe and do good deeds
- Those who ward off
5. Ma’wa Heaven (Gardens of Abode/Refuge): This heaven is intended for people who fear the greatness of Allah and can control his lust. Ma’wa heaven was created by Allah SWT from the emerald green. This heaven is often called the Garden of Abode/Refuge. Prospective residents are:
5. Darussalam Heaven: Darussalam heaven is reserved for people who are strong in faith and Islam, pay attention to the verses of Allah and do good deeds. Darussalam heaven was created by Allah from red Yakut.
7. Darul Muqamah Heaven: This heaven is reserved for those who give thanks to Allah for everything. Darul Muqomah heaven was created by Allah from the white gem. The prospective inhabitants are the people whose kindness is very much and rarely make mistakes.
“The One Who has settled us (in) a Home (of) Eternity (out) of His Bounty. Not touches us therein any fatigue and not touches therein weariness.” (Fatir 35: 35)
8. Maqoomul Amin Heaven: This heaven is for the righteous. Maqoomul Amin heaven was created by Allah from gold. Prospective inhabitants are those whose faith has reached the level of muttaqin. This is the level for people who are truly pious to Allah.
“Indeed, the righteous (will be) in a secure place (heaven).” (Ad-Dukhan 44:51)
Allah has the Perfect and Exact Knowledge of whether the seven heavens created by Him have been assigned a specific name or not. When Allah and His Messenger (saws) have not divulged the specific names (if any) of the seven heavens to the believers, it does not behove the believers to assign names for them from themselves. Whatever is written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance.