Be pious and receive rewards from Allah. Nothing becomes a problem until you label it so. You’ve probably noticed that different people have different opinions on what problems are and how much attention should be given to them. This means that problems exist in our heads. We create them, define them, and fear them. It is believed that the characters we build from hard times. Whenever you go through hard times you learn from it, regardless of the outcome. Allah says:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْكَبِيرُ
“Verily, those who had faith and had done righteous deeds will have gardens beneath which rivers flow. That is a great achievement.” (Surah Al-Buruj 85:11)
People who are facing difficulties but still remain steadfast in their faith for the sake of Allah then He (SWT) will surely make a way for them to get rid of these problems. Taqwa serves as a divine guard against trials of this world as well as the difficulties of the hereafter. Allah says:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن تَتَّقُوا اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّكُمْ فُرْقَانًا وَيُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ
“O you who believe, if you fear Allah, He will grant you a criterion and will remove your sins and forgive you, for Allah is the possessor of great bounty.” (Surah Al-Anfal 8:29)
Muslims should live their lives according to the Islamic way of life. Islam is the way of life that every one of us should implement in our lives and can live a peaceful and happy life according to the key principles of Islam. Muslims need to infuse their hearts with Taqwa if they want to be viewed by Allah as true believers. Taqwa is the key to happiness and success in this life and the hereafter too.
Powerful ways to cope with any stubborn problem read the following suggestions:
- Allah know those things that we can see and observe
- Allah tests us to purify us and wash away our sins
- Allah is indeed a protecting friend and supporter
- Allah also knows those things we cannot see
- List the things which cause problems in life
- Be willing to listen to other’s suggestions
- No one is perfect, don’t expect perfection
- Stop beating your head against the wall
- The problem is your inability to say no
- Ask yourself, really needs to be done
- Works beautifully with problems
- Work with your current reality
- Accept the situation as it is
- Be ready to compromise
- Take one thing at a time
- Go easy with criticism
- Cope with the problem
- Address an underlying issue
- Cut the problem down to size
- Think positive and chase the goal
- Change solution takes active work
- Stay in touch with friends and family
- Islam leads to a balanced way of living
- Islam brings civilization and happiness
- Make a list of things you need to get done
- Take care of yourself and know your limits
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it
- Never stop learning and working on yourself
- Never take the massive action that is needed
- Cope overwhelmed is to take one task at a time
The essence of Islam is the very essence of humanity. No matter what challenge you are facing, accept it. Strengthen yourself to fight against the challenge, if you ignore the problem you may face the same challenge in the future. Find the solution to the problem to eliminate it permanently. Allah says:
وَلَوْ أَنَّ أَهْلَ الْقُرَىٰ آمَنُوا وَاتَّقَوْا لَفَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِم بَرَكَاتٍ مِّنَ السَّمَاءِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلَٰكِن كَذَّبُوا فَأَخَذْنَاهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ
“And if the people of the cities believed and had Taqwa, surely We should have opened to the blessings of the heavens and the earth.” (Surah Al-A`raf 7:96 )
Islam integrates all domains of human life, just like the different systems in the human body integrate to provide a complete human being. And if you fail to find the solution just share your problem with a trustworthy person and seek his help. One of the best things you can focus on is that you have choices. Also, remember that you have the power to stand and to get out of it.
Allah Almighty says in The Holy Quran:
- “Truly Allah loves the Muttaqin.“ (Quran, 3:76)
- “Guidance for those conscious of Allah.” (Quran, 2:2)
- “Have taqwa of Allah for you to succeed.” (Quran, 3: 200)
- “Allah has set a measure for all things.” (Surah al-Talaq, 65:2)
- “Then We will save those who have had taqwa.” (Quran, 19:72)
- “And whoever fears Allah, He will make for his ease in his matter.” (Quran, 65:4)
- “But We shall be sure to guide to Our ways those who strive hard for Our cause: Allah is with those who do good.” (Quran, 29:69)
No one can achieve the targets overnight. You have to work hard to accomplish your targets if you have bigger dreams. It is fine to take time for figuring out the best way to proceed but it is not good to walk out only because it is hard to achieve. If you celebrate your small win during these days it will boost your motivation. Even if you share small victories with your friends or closer ones their appreciation will strengthen you.
The Most Overlooked Secret to Dealing with Life’s Problems:
- Behind the Scenes of Problems: Life will always have “problems” and the way to deal with them is to let them be. You don’t have to try to analyze, fantasize or figure out your problems.
- The One Thing You Have to Know: The secret to dealing with life’s problems is to realize that they are illusions of our imagination. Sure, they feel very real. I’m not denying that.
- How to Stop the Compulsive Worrying: You can stop the madness by simply staying present and letting whatever happens be. This can be extremely hard if you bump into a problem that is important to you, but it is through those big problems that the biggest changes occur.
Recognize your situation:
Sometimes, one of the most difficult things to do is to recognize your own situation. When life is tough, it becomes difficult to see what is actually happening. Negative thoughts can make it hard for you to think clearly. They can make you feel as if there is no way you can continue. To break this kind of thinking.
- Make time for yourself: You are important and you need to recognize this. Failure to see your importance can easily make you neglect yourself.
- Plan a way to move forward: Once you know what is causing your stress, you can start looking for ways to solve it. If you know you won’t be able to solve it on your own, don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- Keep a ‘Positive Diary’: A “positive diary” works similarly to a journal. However, instead of paying close attention to negative thoughts, you write down positive things about your day. For each day, you need to record three positive things.
- Know that you can carry on: You need to know that this is something that happens to everyone and is not a reason to give up.
People fail to overcome a difficult time as they feel easier to give up than to carry on. In this case, take the challenge and find out ways to overcome the situation. Making some adjustments to the way you organize your time could help you feel more in control of any tasks you’re facing, and more able to handle the pressure. Nobody who places his trust and faith in Allah will ever suffer any fear or distress again. Allah says:
وَرَبُّكَ الْغَنِيُّ ذُو الرَّحْمَةِ إِن يَشَأْ يُذْهِبْكُمْ وَيَسْتَخْلِفْ مِن بَعْدِكُم مَّا يَشَاءُ كَمَا أَنشَأَكُم مِّن ذُرِّيَّةِ قَوْمٍ آخَرِينَ
“And your Lord (is) the Self-Sufficient Owner of Mercy. If He wills He can take you away and grant succession after you (to) whom He wills. He raised you from the descendants (of) other people.” (Surah Al-An`am 6:133)
Life is what it is and most of life’s problems are created by us. The problems are events in our lives and no one is denying that. However, the extrapolation that we do freaks us out and then we wonder why we feel so bad. It’s a life-long habit most of us have cultivated which means we can change it. Moving on and finding ways to cope with life can take some effort and time. This, however, doesn’t mean that they aren’t doable. But change starts with awareness. May Allah make it easier for us. Ameen.