Trials, tribulations, and challenges are part of every person’s life. However, to counter that, Allah has provided us with a very powerful tool – and that is the tool of dua or asking Allah for help and his mercy when we need it. And we need it all the time. The better we understand the ghastly nature of our sins, and the rate at which we accumulate them, along with their undesirable impact on our daily lives and the hereafter, the more it can propel us away from committing sins in general and the more it will drive us to seek forgiveness for our sins – through making the right Duas for us and for others. Allah says:
مَّا أَصَابَكَ مِنْ حَسَنَةٍ فَمِنَ اللَّهِ وَمَا أَصَابَكَ مِن سَيِّئَةٍ فَمِن نَّفْسِكَ وَأَرْسَلْنَاكَ لِلنَّاسِ رَسُولًا وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ شَهِيدًا
“Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself…” (Surah al-Nisa 4:79)
We all have desires for different things, and there are so many ways of getting what you want in life. Sometimes people can help you, other times they can’t but Allah can and will always help you to get the best out of your life. So how can you get anything you want from Allah? A sinful person experiences a sense of alienation (indifference) with his Lord, and between him and other people. One of the salafs had said that he could see the impact of disobedience to Allah (in some aspects of his daily life).
The formula for successfully getting what you want from Allah is simple:
- Believe in the Possibility
- Then take steps towards making your dream a reality & eliminate distractions
- Dua to Ask Allah for help ( The powerful Dua that will bring your Miracles, and ask the one who can give you anything.
Allah gives us clear guidelines to follow, but it requires us to study, contemplate and action in order to get the best out of life. If you make Dua for the impossible, Allah can make it happen. If there was one way to attain anything it’s to ask the only One who can and will give you anything. Allah says:
وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِن كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ
“And when proclaimed your Lord, “If you are thankful, surely I will increase you; but if you are ungrateful indeed, My punishment (is) surely severe.” (Surah Ibrahim 14:7)
There is nothing beyond His abilities. After all, you are merely asking for something from his Creation. When you reach that level, you will feel Allah’s love and you will be satisfied with everything He gives you. So, if you really want something, make your goal of becoming the person that achieves these things. It will be much easier to actually get what you want.
Everything has its timing to occur and nothing is impossible for Allah (SWT):
- The best word of remembrance is: Lâ ilâha illallah
- Make dua to Allah SWT sincerely at all time
- Prayers are always answered in their time
- Praise be to Allah and thank Him always
- The best supplication is: Alhamdulillah
- Keep thanking and remembering Allah
- Allahu Akbar! Allah is the Greatest
- Allah is all-hearing and all-seeing
- Nothing is impossible for Allah
- Have trust in Allah Almighty
- Nothing is impossible for Allah
- Let it go and let Allah SWT handle
- Praying to Allah for the Impossible
- Allah does not place a burden on us
- Du’a can make the impossible possible
- Know that you will get something better
- Don’t let this sneaky little devil get to you
- Keep building your trust (tawakkul) in Allah
- Keep praying. Keep making dua and keep practising
- Frustration is the Shaytaan trying to shake your yaqeen
Stay Connected to the Quran: A person without Islam and Allah is like a captain who finds himself in the midst of an uncharted sea, without compass, rudder and steering wheel. He never knows where he is, which way he is going and where he is going to land. Try your best to act the way we are asked to in the Quran. Allah says:
رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلَاةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاءِ
“O, my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salat (muqima-as-Salat), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.” (Surah Ibrahim 14:40)
Reflect on its meanings; it will give you answers to your daily life’s complications. When you read the Qur’an and work to understand it better you are more likely to reach the level of Ihsan. You will want to do everything right. Getting what you want is easier if you are the type of person that achieves those dreams.
Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran:
- “The one who does whatsoever He wills.” (Quran, 85.16)
- “And few of My servants are grateful.” (Surah Saba, verse 13)
- “And whatever of blessings and good things you have, it is from Allah.” (Quran16:53)
- “Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favors on you) and never be ungrateful to Me.” (Quran 2:152)
- “And He found you poor and made you rich (self‑sufficient with self‑contentment)?” (Quran93:8)
- “…for without a doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.” (Surah Al-Rad, 13:28)
Allah doesn’t put you somewhere in the middle of the bottom end of the spectrum. Allah tells you that you are the best of humanity because of the beliefs you have. This is a crucial lesson because Allah is teaching us that we can be who we want by believing in that. Belief is the thing that makes people who they are. Allah says:
وَإِن تَعُدُّوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
“And if you would count the favours of Allah, never could you be able to count them. Truly, Allah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Surah An-Nahl 16:18)
Believing that you can do it, is to believe that you can do anything. Believe that nothing that can stop you from becoming who you want. I believe you can do it because you’ve already done this multiple times in your life, we all have.
Duas just to be thankful and to send praise to Allah
Enjoining in the good means taking the steps towards actualizing the good. To do this you need to first seek out the knowledge that you need to become that person, to get the things you want. Therefore, our duas will have their own time to come. A dua can be manifested in a few hours, in a day, a week, a month, or in a year, or over several years. Allah says:
وَآتَاكُم مِّن كُلِّ مَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُ وَإِن تَعُدُّوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَظَلُومٌ كَفَّارٌ
“And He gave you of all that you asked of Him. And if you count (the) Favor of Allah, not you will (be able to) count the Indeed, mankind (is) surely unjust (and) ungrateful.” (Surah Ibrahim, 14:34)
Eliminate all distractions, or find ways to get around the obstacles that will prevent you from achieving your dreams. Like any person of any trade or any profession, you need to acquire the amount of knowledge and understanding that is needed in order to attain your goals. Remember you need to be the person who has succeeded in getting what you want. Take the steps toward understanding knowledge.
How can I become a Shaakir?
Below are some methods we can employ to become of the successful few who are grateful to Allah.
- Look at those below you: When we eye those who have been blessed more than us in terms of wealth, beauty, health, intelligence, and other capabilities, we tend to develop an inferiority complex and a complaining attitude towards Allah.
- Be mindful of the blessings of Allah: We are indebted to Allah for all his favours. His blessings on us are innumerable.
- Be grateful to people: Being grateful is not a once in a day or once in a month thing. It is an attitude that is reflected in all your actions and dealings.
- Ask Allah for help: We can gain nothing without Allah! Ask Allah for help and supplicate to Him to make you a grateful person.
Dua is the heart of worship it is the foundation it is the relationship between you and Allah that is why every single human being even the atheist makes dua once a time when the atheist gonna face death when the atheist is in a difficult situation what does he says oh god save me he doesn’t even believe in God. Dua is the basic element of being human the Muslim directs that dua to Allah alone continuously frequently always making dua for all of the needs of day and night. Allah says:
وَلَوْ أَنَّ أَهْلَ الْقُرَىٰ آمَنُوا وَاتَّقَوْا لَفَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِم بَرَكَاتٍ مِّنَ السَّمَاءِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلَٰكِن كَذَّبُوا فَأَخَذْنَاهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ
” And if [that] people (of) the cities (had) believed and consciously revered Allah surely We (would have) opened upon them blessings from the heaven and the earth but they denied. So We seized them for what they used to earn.” (Surah Al-A`raf 7:96)
If you are in a circumstance right now that just seems so impossible to resolve, or get out of, don’t worry about how it is unachievable. Don’t think about it. Allah SWT is so much bigger than what we think! He is the Creator of the Worlds! He will resolve it for you and you won’t even believe how things will have happened so miraculously. Allah says:
وَإِذْ يَرْفَعُ إِبْرَاهِيمُ الْقَوَاعِدَ مِنَ الْبَيْتِ وَإِسْمَاعِيلُ رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلْ مِنَّا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ
“And when (was) raising Ibrahim the foundations of the House and Ismail, (saying), “Our Lord! Accept from us. Indeed You! [You] (are) the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:127)
Allah is the One that can give you anything. We cannot be hasty in expecting our du’as to be answered, but be sure that Allah is listening to you. It’s not good enough that we believe only. Allah always connects beliefs with actions throughout the Quran. Allah shows us clearly that action is necessary to become the best you can be. There is wisdom when Allah Almighty delays acceptance. Allah says:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَكُونُوا مَعَ الصَّادِقِينَ
“O you who believe! Consciously revere Allah and be with those who are truthful.” (Surah Baqarah, 2:243)
Allah’s blessings are countless. We should not try to find a reason to thank Allah but we should be grateful and keep thanking Allah for everything that we have by saying ‘Alhamdulillah.’. Note that if we will remember Allah then Allah will remember us. May Allah SWT make us among those who truly worship Him in the day and in the night in perseverance and in hardship in ease and comfort. May Allah SWT make us among those who truly worship Him in the day and in the night in perseverance and in hardship in ease and comfort.