Self-respect means that you respect yourself but ego means that you only respect yourself. Self-respect is the courage to accept the mistakes that you committed and you then make efforts to rectify them.
Ego and self-respect have the following differences between them:
- Self-respect means that you respect yourself but ego means that you only respect yourself.
- Self-respect is the courage to accept the mistakes that you committed and you then make efforts to rectify them.
Ego means that you can’t accept your mistakes and you will defend your follies rather than trying to improve yourself.
- A man with self-respect will never indulge in immoral acts as it will hurt his self-respect.
An egotist will be willing to indulge in immoral acts to protect his ego.
- A man with self-respect will do the right thing since that will increase his self-respect.
An egotist will not do the right thing if it hurts his ego.
- Self-respect means to be able to leave your personal interest for the greater good.
Ego means to always keep your personal interest first with utter disregard for others’ interests.
- Self-respect makes your character strong but ego makes it fragile.
- Self-respect is an elixir which gives you strength but ego is a poison which takes away your life.
- Your self-respect enriches the lives of those around you but your ego makes their lives miserable as well.
- Self-respect is the harbinger of happiness but ego brings despair.
- Self-respect is a positive emotion. Ego is a negative emotion.
- Self-respect creates clarity. Ego creates confusion.
- Self-respect is your friend. Ego is your enemy.