Holy Quran is a complete code of conduct for the Muslims living their lives, it is the world of ALLAH (SWT) that gives us light and guidance. Dua is the simplest means to establish a connection with Allah and implore Him to gain blessings. We know God is the Most Loving; we believe He is bigger than our problems.
In times of our anxieties and hardships, when we feel spiritual lows, and our souls become dark that we don’t feel like doing anything… Our hearts become hard and our days become empty.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
If we say this dua one hundred times a day, we will get the reward of freeing 10 slaves, 100 good deeds written and, 100bad deeds will be wiped off and Satan will not harm you that day. In one minute we can say Laa ilaaha illa Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.
Here are some powerful problems with easy solutions through Quranic Duas:
- If you want a Good Spouse/Children: Most people ask about “How they can get a good Husband or Wife” or anything that can make them conceive children. So, Quran has all the answers to their query.
وَالَّذِيۡنَ يَقُوۡلُوۡنَ رَبَّنَا هَبۡ لَـنَا مِنۡ اَزۡوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيّٰتِنَا قُرَّةَ اَعۡيُنٍ وَّاجۡعَلۡنَا لِلۡمُتَّقِيۡنَ اِمَامًا
“Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous.” (Surah Al-Furqan 25:74)
2. For Allah’s Mercy: Allah is Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem if you think you have ever sinned, no matter how big it is, make sure you seek his refuge, so you can live peacefully under the shade of his blessings.
أَفَلَا يَتُوبُونَ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَهُ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيم
“Would they not repent to GOD, and ask His forgiveness. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful”. (Surah Al-Ma’dah 5:74)
3. For Finding Out The Truth: You may come to a place in life where everything is uncertain, especially when you have to make a tough decision ever in your life, this dua is perfect for that situation.
لِّيَجْزِيَ اللَّهُ الصَّادِقِينَ بِصِدْقِهِمْ وَيُعَذِّبَ الْمُنَافِقِينَ إِن شَاءَ أَوْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمً
“That Allah may reward the truthful for their truth and punish the hypocrites if He wills or accept their repentance.” (Al-Ahzab: 24)
4. Asking Allah To Make You A Righteous Person: Earning Jannah is not an easy task, continuously asking Allah to make you among the righteous person as well as making an effort to be a better person can make all of this happen.
وَقُل لِّعِبَادِي يَقُولُوا الَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ إِنَّ الشَّيْطَانَ يَنزَغُ بَيْنَهُمْ إِنَّ الشَّيْطَانَ كَانَ لِلْإِنسَانِ عَدُوًّا مُّبِينً
“And tell My servants to treat each other in the best possible manner, for the devil will always try to drive a wedge among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy”. (17:53)
5. Purification: In this era, we are surrounded by dirt like vulgarity and nudity and interest. And somehow all of us are the victims of these dirty things, asking Allah to make you pure will help you eradicate the useless thoughts coming in your head.
“Our Lord, We heard a herald calling towards Faith: ‘Believe in your Lord.’ So we believed. Our Lord, forgive us, then, our sins, and write off our evil deeds, and make us die only when we have joined the righteous”. (Surah Ali Imran 3:193)
6. Strengthening your Imaan: Duniya is full of temptations and Haram things, and Satan is free, violating our soules. We have to protect our Imaan, and for that cause, we need to seek Allah’s help by reciting this dua.
رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِنْ لَدُنْكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْوَهَّابُ
“Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower”. (Surat Ali Imran 3:8)
7. Asking For Easiness When Facing Hardship: We blogged about Duas to recite while facing stress, sadness, and trouble. But this is also a great dua which you can recite to make your troubles go away.
أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ اشْتَرَوُا الْحَيَاةَ الدُّنْيَا بِالْآخِرَةِ فَلَا يُخَفَّفُ عَنْهُمُ الْعَذَابُ وَلَا هُمْ يُنصَرُون
“Those are the ones who bought the worldly life at the cost of the Hereafter. So, the punishment shall not be lightened for them, nor shall they be helped”. (Ayah al-Baqarah 2:86)
8. Seeking Allah’s Forgiveness: No matter how good you think you are, always seek Allah’s forgiveness. When Umar (RA) was dying, he was continuously seeking Allah’s forgiveness. Although Prophet (PBUH) had given him the highest rank, still he sought Allah’s forgiveness.
وَمَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا أَوْ يَظْلِمْ نَفْسَهُ ثُمَّ يَسْتَغْفِرِ اللَّهَ يَجِدِ اللَّهَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمً
“And whoever does evil or wrongs his soul then seeks forgiveness (of) Allah he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”. (Surah an-Nisa 4:110)
9. Dua for Patience: All of us are hasty in making decisions or doing any work, we do not have patience, while Allah loves the Patient People as the verse in the Quran goes “Allah is with the people who do Sabr”
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِين
“Seek help through patience and the prayer. Indeed, Allah (is) with the patient ones”. (Surah al-Baqarah 2:153)
10. Dua For AfterLife: All Muslims believe that all of us have to die and we will be gathering on the Day of Judgment in front of Allah with all the Good and bad deeds we have done in life.
وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَقُولُ رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّار
But there are among them such as pray, “O our Sustainer! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come, and keep us safe from suffering through the fire”. (Surah al-Baqarah 2:201)
Dua and Supplications are a form of invocation to a Muslim who Prays to seek Blessing from his lord. As Muslims, it is important to remind ourselves that everything occurs by the will and divine wisdom of Allah s.w.t. When faced with trials and adversities, our beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. prayed to Allah s.w.t. through constant invocations with the language of love and servanthood.
رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ
Our Lord! We believe; write us down among the witnesses.
Surah Al-Ma’ida”. (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5:83)
We can find many prophetic traditions that not only teach us what to pray but also guidelines on how to pray. Some of the prayers are done routinely, in the morning and in the afternoon, to emphasise the significance and benefits that entail such discipline.
وَقَالَ الْمَلَأُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِن قَوْمِهِ لَئِنِ اتَّبَعْتُمْ شُعَيْبًا إِنَّكُمْ إِذًا لَّخَاسِرُون
“Our Lord! Lay open the truth between us and our people, for You are the best of all to lay open the truth”. (Surah al-Araf 7:89)
Dua is the heart and soul of worship. Allah loves it when you make Dua. Perhaps that is why numerous Duas are laid out throughout the pages of the Quran – because Allah wants us to emphasize them and to understand that without Dua, the sweetness of Imaan remains untested.