Success is something that we all want to attain. It’s a station of life that we dream about. Who doesn’t want to be successful and powerful? To attain this success in your life, in whatever you dream to accomplish, you must realize that to increase your chances, it will all come down to you and the principles you set forth to make your dream a reality. Successful people ask for forgiveness from Allah. Prophet ﷺ used to make Istighfar more than seventy times in a day. Allah says:
وَلَئِنْ أَصَابَكُمْ فَضْلٌ مِّنَ اللَّهِ لَيَقُولَنَّ كَأَن لَّمْ تَكُن بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَهُ مَوَدَّةٌ يَا لَيْتَنِي كُنتُ مَعَهُمْ فَأَفُوزَ فَوْزًا عَظِيمًا
“And if befalls you bounty from Allah he would surely say as if (had) not there been between you and between him any affection, “Oh! I wish I had been with them then I would have attained a success greatly.” (Surah an-Nisa 4:73)
If success were easy, everyone would experience it, but it wouldn’t be special whatsoever. Opportunity favours the best prepared. Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity, and success happens when you give it your absolute all. Allah says:
وَيُنَجِّي اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا بِمَفَازَتِهِمْ لَا يَمَسُّهُمُ السُّوءُ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
“And Allah will deliver those who consciously revered (Him) to their place of salvation; not will touch them the evil, and not they will grieve.” (Surah Az-Zumar 39:61)
Negative influences and negative people will only hold you down. On your road to success, you need to keep all the negativity outside of your walls. Keep people and ideas around you that support your success and your belief in yourself. Allah says:
يُصْلِحْ لَكُمْ أَعْمَالَكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ فَازَ فَوْزًا عَظِيمًا
“He will amend for you your deeds and forgive for you your sins. And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger certainly has attained attainment great.” (Surah Al-Ahzab 33:71)
Islam is the perfect way of life for those who understood it in its pure form and the Quran is the best guide for the whole of humanity to have a better life in this world as well as in the Akhira (the hereafter). Besides the pleasures and rewards of the world hereafter, the other major role that religion performs is of teaching moral principles to a person.
Principles You Should Live By To Guarantee You Get Everything You Want In Life:
- Success use the power of dreams and your imagination
- Success has dreams and wants different things in life
- Success creating a better future, starting right now
- Success as a purpose should greater in this world
- Success dreams and visions can influence life
- Success is understanding the right direction
- Success keeps the right people around you
- Success set goals along the way you have
- Success change your limiting beliefs
- Success is a marathon, not a sprint
- Success is about having a target
- Success should never be the end goal
- Success determined you can do anything
- Success leads to a balanced way of living
- Success brings civilization and happiness
- Success having a target will allow you to aim
- Success teaches us to practice in our daily life
- Success should never be the end of motivation
- Success see for yourself is what manifest in life
- Success starting today and putting in that action
Allah is the creator of this world and He set some rules for us whom we have to follow for living our lives peacefully and happily. Muslims should live their lives according to the Islamic way of life. Islam is the way of life that every one of us should implement in our lives and can live a peaceful and happy life according to the key principles of Islam. Allah says:
هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا
“There, the protection (is) from Allah the True. He (is the) best (to) reward and (the) best (for) the end.” (Surah Al-Kahf 18:44)
Islam is the complete code of life and it gives details and mentions every aspect of life. Therefore, by following the instructions of Islam one can live the worldly life in the best manner. Allah says:
أُولَٰئِكَ عَلَىٰ هُدًى مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ
“Those (are) on Guidance from their Lord, and those – they (are) the successful ones.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:5)
However, others think that following the principles of Islam alienates them takes them away from this world and hinders their way of achieving success in this life. Such a conception about Islam is wrong and it has nothing to do with a real message of Islam. Allah says:
رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ
“Our Lord, give us goodness in this life and goodness in the Hereafter and save us from the punishment of the Hellfire.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:201)
Trust Allah Almighty for everything in your life and whatever He says, you should follow it. He is the Creator of everything and the ever knowing. Trusting Allah is an Islamic way of life. Because Allah knows what we do not so a complete trust in Allah is the basic thing that we should practice in our daily life for living an Islamic way of life.
Allah Almighty says in The Holy Quran:
- “And consult them in the matter.” (Quran, 3:159)
- “You who believe, be steadfast, more steadfast than others; be ready; always be mindful of God so that you may prosper.” (Quran, 3:200)
- “But We shall be sure to guide to Our ways those who strive hard for Our cause: Allah is with those who do good.”(Quran, 29:69)
- “He will indeed be successful who purifies his self, and he will indeed fail who corrupts his himself.” (Quran 91:9-10)
- “Even so, there are some who choose to worship others besides Lord as rivals to Him, loving them with love due to Almighty Allah, but the believers have a greater love for Lord.”(Quran, 2:165)
Islam encourages its followers to live this worldly life in the best manner and is against abstinence. You have to get your mind right if you are going to succeed in any endeavour that you undertake. Your psychology must be in sync with your goals.
Here are some key principles of life which we have to follow the Islamic way of life living:
- Trust on Almighty Allah: The most important thing above all others is to believe in Allah in every aspect of life.
- Complete Faith in Allah: The major element of living an Islamic way of life is complete faith in Almighty Allah. It is an important life component that can help you out in making progress is faithfulness.
- Seek for Good: Being a Muslim it is the essential duty to be good and strives for spreading goodness.
- Consult with others and Give Sincere Advice to all: The vital Islamic rule that would help us in making progress at every step and living an Islamic way of life is a counsel with other people.
- Help People Around and Make their Life Easier: One of the major problems of the present world is that people are striving to make their life easier by making them difficult for others.
In contrast, for a believer, all that pleases God is good and all that invokes His displeasure and wrath is evil. A good act for a believer will remain good even if it brings no personal benefit in this world. A good act for a believer will remain good even if it brings no personal benefit in this world. Allah says:
وَرَبُّكَ الْغَنِيُّ ذُو الرَّحْمَةِ إِن يَشَأْ يُذْهِبْكُمْ وَيَسْتَخْلِفْ مِن بَعْدِكُم مَّا يَشَاءُ كَمَا أَنشَأَكُم مِّن ذُرِّيَّةِ قَوْمٍ آخَرِينَ
“Thy Lord is self-sufficient, full of Mercy: if it were His will, He could destroy you, and in your place appoint whom He will as your Successors, even as He raised you from the posterity of other people.” (Surah Al-Anam, 6:133)
Thus, to achieve success on Islamic principles, a believer needs to refrain from bad and commit to doing good no matter whatever the circumstances are. If Muslims wish to achieve success in this world and the world hereafter, then the best solution available for such a person is to incorporate the principles of Islam in life and climb up the ladder of success. Allah says:
وَأَقْسَمُوا بِاللَّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَانِهِمْ لَئِنْ أَمَرْتَهُمْ لَيَخْرُجُنَّ قُل لَّا تُقْسِمُوا طَاعَةٌ مَّعْرُوفَةٌ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ
“And whoso obeys Allah and His Messenger, and fears Allah, and takes Him as a shield for protection, it is they who will be successful.” (Surah An-Nur 24:53 )
In this world, we notice that the virtuous often live in a wretched state while the wicked often seem to have the good things in life. Peace in life can be Insha Allah attained only when you follow the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) properly. There are many lessons you can learn when you understand the Holy Quran. May Allah make it easier for us. Ameen.