Most people will never come in contact with. Sure, a live Korean octopus that fights back when you swallow it may fit that criteria, but some of the worst food dangers are probably in your fridge or pantry right now..If you are what you eat and you’re regularly ingesting some of these deadly food items, we wouldn’t want to meet you in a dark alley.People love to eat what isn’t good for them, but not following a healthy diet and noshing on something that might possibly kill you are two different things altogether.
If you think you‘ve earned the license to eat whatever you want after burning all those calories, it’s time to check yourself before you wreck yourselfThere are different foods around the world that, if they are not prepared properly, could have serious repercussions and may even cause death in some cases.Meals that are hard to digest, full of sugar or loaded with saturated fat can do serious damage, right at the moment when your body needs to repair itself most.
However, sometimes it’s the most seemingly innocuous foods could land you in the hospital.
- Cherry Seeds/Pits
- Fugu (Pufferfish)
- Casu Marzu: Sardinian Maggot Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Sannakji: Raw Korean baby octopus
- Unpasteurized Cheese
- Green Potatoes
- Ackee: a Jamaican fruit
- Green Almonds or Cashews
- Kidney Beans
- Monkey Brains
- Giant Jellyfish
- Absinthe:This sweet drink is made from woodworm, fennel, and anise. Woodworm contains a chemical that has psychoactive properties and could cause hallucinations.
- Ackee:This fruit is well loved in Jamaica. It must only be eaten when it is fully ripe, properly prepared and without the toxic seeds. The seeds contain poisonous substances that cause vomiting.
- Death Cap Mushroom
- Blood Clams:Available in China, blood clams are quickly boiled and eaten. Blood clams are known to carry several viruses that lead to deadly diseases such as typhoid, hepatitis A, and dysentery.
- Cassava:A certain variety of cassava called manioc, which is found in Africa and South America, must be thoroughly cooked and properly prepared. Raw cassava contains a toxic substance called linamarin which becomes cyanide if eaten raw.
- Hákarl:This cured shark is traditionally eaten in Iceland. It is actually rotten shark, cured for six months. The shark has no kidneys or urinary tract, so toxic waste substances are absorbed by the skin and the flesh.
- White Bread
- Microwave Popcorn
- Heavy Proteins Like Steak
- Fatty Foods
You are what you eat, but do you really know what’s in the food you consume? The food industry is filled with twists, turns, and some downright nasty facts, so we scoured the internet to find data from leading professionals in the various food industries to uncover what goes into your food.Most people have experienced overeating or emotional eating at some time in their life.