Eating is one of the most basic needs for us Muslims. We need an energy supply for the body, so we can do as many activities for the day. Breakfast is the most important meal that we shouldn’t skip every day. Even Prophet Muhammad (SAW) stressing over the importance of having breakfast as his healthy eating habit, and suggest his followers do so.
The habit of the Prophet (SAW) himself is not groundless. Every doctor will say that breakfast is the most important between three meals in a day. It is strongly recommended that we don’t skip breakfast, as it is very important for our body. Even Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said,
“Whoever eats seven ‘Ajwah dates in the morning, will not be harmed by any poison or witchcraft that day.”
Eating breakfast means we gained energy at the start of the day, as it makes us more focused on doing activities. Especially when we are working, or just doing the regular activity. Being hungry shattered our concentration into pieces because our stomach is hungry and unconsciously we count the time left until lunchtime. After eating breakfast, we fueled the energy from the morning until afternoon and gave our brains energy to work well on our activities.
Even though the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) himself never skipped breakfast, people skipped breakfast so that they could eat less in the afternoon. But the hunger we feel from early morning to afternoon, with estimated time 6 to 8 hours, we will eat recklessly and unable to control our appetite. Not having breakfast in the morning, we snack in the morning and pile up calories that are not useful to our bodies.
The Importance of Eating Breakfast:
- Protect us from obesity which is a danger to our health
- Provide more endurance of hard and difficult task
- Boosting our metabolism during the day
- Keeps us focused throughout the day
- Keeping the blood sugar level stable
- The most important meal of the day
- Prevent overeating later in the day
- Supplying energy to our body
- Healthy for body and heart
- It controls our appetite
- Makes us happier
- Prevent low energy
- Improving the memory
- Help us to lose weight
- Good for mind and brain
- Reduce the risks of starving
- Keep us away from mood swings
- Reduce crankiness in the morning
- Prevent our body from overweighted
- We feel full longer and not easily hungry
- Make us eat fewer calories in the afternoon
- Make our body more energetic and less lethargic
- Lower the risks of diabetes, stroke, and heart attack
- Provide more vitamins, minerals, and fibre for the body
An empty stomach affects our brain and moods much. Morning people know well the importance of food in the morning. With a food stomach, we’ll be happy and content doing all the activities! Morning meals is a good booster to our both energy and mood. Also balancing the sugar level and reducing the crankiness in us.
People tend to be cranky and sensitive in the morning, and it is understandable. He probably has less sleep the night before and craving for some more. Being in a rush every morning often makes us forget that we haven’t had breakfast. A bad mood and an empty stomach is not the best combination to have in the morning, and our workmates and classmates would likely stay away from us.
Risks of Skipping Breakfast
Besides, there are so many importance of eating breakfast every morning, here we give you the information about how many risks you can get if you always skipping your breakfast, as follows:
- Causing bad mood and low energy levels
- Increase the chance of overweight
- Badly affecting body metabolism
- Causing excessive weight gain
- Increasing the risks of cancer
- Causing migraines
- Triggering hair loss
- Lowering body immunity
- Increase the bad cholesterol
- Increase the risks of type 2 diabetes
- Developing a chronic cardiovascular condition
- Less focused because we count the time to lunchtime
- Starve our selves and causing the serious digestive problem
- Overeating later in the day, which is another cause of the digestive problem
Studies and research have found the most important of breakfast are the big benefits it brings to our health. The result of the research is eating a healthy breakfast in the morning is improving the health of our heart and reducing the risk of gaining weight which led to obesity.
We know why the Prophet (SAW) himself never skipped his breakfast. Eating and the existence of food we could eat is a blessing from Allah SWT. And the only way we feel gratitude towards Him is by eating as suggested by His Messenger (SAW), and under remembrance of Him while doing so. Skipping breakfast and prioritizing the work is wrong, so if are still become one of those people, we might as well change that.