Allah is all-powerful, almighty, all-hearing, and all-knowing. All humans are in need of His help and support. All humans, even the prophets, are weak in nature and always need guidance. Allah guarantees for pious people that He will provide a way out of the problems that are difficult in human relationships. And Allah guarantees that He will provide sustenance from unexpected ways. He loves you and so He keeps giving you even if you disobey Him. Ask Allah with His Names. Allah says:
وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلْ لَهُ مَخْرَجًا وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ
“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.” (At-Talaq 65: 2-3)
Allah’s help and guidance are to be sought directly from Him without intermediaries. Allah can be reached easily and simply. Allah is available all the time. He is always there to answer our supplications. He is very close to us and hears our inner thoughts. We need to ask Him for His help, especially if it is to get closer to Him or become better at worshipping Him. We need to seek refuge in Allah in everything. Allah says:
وَكَأَيِّن مِّن دَابَّةٍ لَّا تَحْمِلُ رِزْقَهَا اللَّهُ يَرْزُقُهَا وَإِيَّاكُمْ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ
“And how many of a creature (does) not carry its provision. Allah provides (for) it and (for) you. And He (is) the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.” (Surah Al-Ankabut 29:60)
Asking Allah for help is one of the best ways we can come closer to Him and express our vulnerability and need for Him. It is even more important that we humbly beg Allah for His comfort and protection. Maybe there are people who get calamities, misfortunes, and trials from Allah. Then he tried to be pious, carry out what Allah commanded and stay away from what Allah forbade.
Here are some ways how to ask Allah’s Help:
- Allah says He does not change men’s condition unless they change
- Allah says, O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you
- Allah says all of you are astray except for those I have guided
- Allah says He possesses this whole world and all that is in it
- Allah says, seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you
- Allah says you should seek all of your needs from Him
- Allah says, remember Me, and I shall remember you
- Allah says I give you everything that you requested
- Allah says, seek food of Me and I shall feed you
- Allah says, stay Connected to the Quran
- Allah says, do not oppress one another
- Allah says, that everything is from Him
- Allah says, do not make mischief on the earth
- Allah says, to seek help through Sabr and Salat
- Allah says, Astaghfirullah helps to refrain from sins
- Allah says He is (always) near to those who do good
- Allah says, seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you
- Allah says, call on your Lord with humility and in private
- Allah says, seek the guidance of Me and I shall guide you
- Allah says you should regularly ask for God’s forgiveness
- Allah says all of you are hungry except for those I have fed
- Allah says, I listen and already knows what is in your heart
- Allah says, call for the mercy of Allah is (always) near to you
- Allah says, I angry with those who do not ask Him for anything
- Allah says He does not change men’s condition unless they change
The journey of life can be like a roller coaster. We often experience extreme conditions which create despondency and hopelessness. We have to try hard to embrace the struggles of life and Trust in Allah. There’s no development without pain. Life’s difficulties are necessary for our own development, so when they come along, accept them, embrace them never ever lose hope and always place complete Reliance and Trust in Allah. Allah says:
الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ
“Those who believed and find satisfaction their hearts in the remembrance (of) Allah. No doubt, in the remembrance of Allah find satisfaction the hearts.” (Surah Al-Rad, 13:28)
Problems are to the mind what exercise is to the muscles; they toughen and make you strong. The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. He nevertheless remained hopeful of Allah’s help and continued his praying every day. Allah says:
وَإِن جَنَحُوا لِلسَّلْمِ فَاجْنَحْ لَهَا وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ
“If they incline to peace, then incline to it also and rely upon Allah. Verily, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing.” (Surah Al-Anfal 8:61)
Allah is the One who is closest to you. So ask Him to bring you closer to Him. It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly. But we shouldn’t lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Of course, Allah is above any analogy, but you need to know Him more. Wanting to get closer won’t do you any good on its own. You must learn to fall in love with your Creator.
Tips on how to ask Allah for something:
- Be direct line to God: Our goal is to build a habit of everything to God.
- Be mindful of Allah: Lead to putting oneself in the hands of Allah and Allah will protect you
- Be closer to Allah: Remember Allah, and you will find Him in front of you
- Be seeking help: By His Grace and Mercy, we live in help for relief and protection.
- Be regular: We seek refuge in Allah from laziness and from the harms of old age.
- Be patient: Allah will give according to His Will, when and what He knows to be best for you.
- Be Alarm: No one can help you except Allah and no one can harm you except Allah.
- Be regular in prayer: Prayer is the general protection of all evils.
- Be passionate: Ask Allah passionately, from the bottom of your heart, for the good things that you want. Beg from Allah through your Duas.
- Be firm believe in Allah: Muslims believe that Allah is the creator of this universe and He is the one who controls and masters it.
- Be persistent: Be persistent in keeping our duty to Allah, so He will make us a way out from every difficulty.
When anyone of you appeals to Allah for something, he should ask with determination, nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will anyway. Islam teaches that Allah does not need our worship, but we do need His help and guidance. So we must seek help from Allah only. Allah says:
رَّبُّ ٱلْمَشْرِقِ وَٱلْمَغْرِبِ لَآ إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَٱتَّخِذْهُ وَكِيلًۭا
“The Lord of the East and the West; there is no god but Him. So, assign to Him alone the power to determine your fate.” (Surat Al-Muzammil 73:9)
We need to struggle to achieve great things. ِِِAnd the harder the struggle is, the better the outcome becomes. Getting close to Allah takes time. We cannot expect everything to magically fall into place by doing one righteous deed. You need to depend on Allah. Always trust that what He has planned for you is the best you can have, for this life and the hereafter. Allah says:
وَلَا تَدْعُ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ مَا لَا يَنفَعُكَ وَلَا يَضُرُّكَ ۖ فَإِن فَعَلْتَ فَإِنَّكَ إِذًا مِّنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
“Do not invoke besides Allah that which neither benefits you nor harms you, for if you did so then you would-be wrongdoers.” (Surah Yunus 10:106)
Allah’s help and support can be reached by being mindful of Allah, observing piety, doing making lots of dua’s, offering extra prayers, helping the poor and the needy, avoiding prohibited things, etc. We tend to overthink stuff and forget that if we seek refuge in Allah, He will make everything easier on us. When you are in between tasks like driving or walking, remember Allah.
Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran:
- “He is the Disposer of all Affairs.” (Quran 6:102)
- “Be not sad, surely Allah is with us.” (Quran 9:40)
- “And Allah loves the doers of good.” (Quran 3:134)
- “Verily, with hardship, there is a relief.” (Quran 94:6)
- “If you are grateful, I will give you more.” (Quran 14:7)
- “Allah is sufficient as Disposer of Affairs.” (Quran 4:81)
- “And in Allah let the believers put their trust.” (Quran 14:11)
- “…Bear with patience whatever befalls you….” (Quran 31:17)
- “Indeed Allah loves those who are constantly repentant.” (Quran 2:222)
A true Muslim or Momin never becomes hopeless as he has strong faith in Allah. Who are the controller of the universe and everything happening around the in-universe? While reciting kalima, we put our trust in Allah altogether, and it’s a crucial part of Emaan to have an undoubted faith in Allah. Allah says:
فَإِذَا عَزَمْتَ فَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُتَوَكِّلِينَ
“When you have made the decision, rely upon Allah. Verily, Allah loves those who trust him.” (Surah Al Imran 3:159)
We must have firm faith in the doctrine that everything that happens is made to happen by the power and will of Allah. Along with this, the need and importance of prophets, saints, and angels cannot be denied too. And in any case, whenever a Muslim encounters trouble he should immediately seek the help of Allah and should impart his complete belief in support of Allah and consider him the only controlling power. Allah says:
وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّلِحَتِ ۙ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌۭ وَأَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌۭ
“Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds [that] for them there is forgiveness and great reward.” (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5:9)
Our guiding book Quran gives us a delicate procedure to follow. It is the weapon of the believer. Keep asking Allah for help. Seek the help of Allah. Darkness everywhere! No way out! Where should I go? Can’t see a single ray of light. Allah has power over all things. May Allah protect us from hard hearts and the delusion of Shayṭan.