A positive affirmation is a statement that increases your hope and inner strength. This positive self-talk improves your attitude and actions. Thinking positive can work miracles. You may have been told to “guard your thoughts”, but felt the advice to be pointless. After all, your thoughts are private. Think of those things which are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, in other words, to fill your mind with noble, good thoughts, leaving no room for negative ones to take root. Allah says:
فَوَيْلٌ لِّلْمُصَلِّينَ الَّذِينَ هُمْ عَن صَلَاتِهِمْ سَاهُونَ الَّذِينَ هُمْ يُرَاءُونَ وَيَمْنَعُونَ الْمَاعُونَ
“Woe to those who pray, who are heedless of their prayer, who pray to be seen and withhold small acts of kindness.” (Surah Al-Ma’un 107:4-7)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers. Or you can grow weeds. Science has not found a way to measure them as they have invisible sound waves. In order to understand how positive thinking works, and how to use it efficiently, it is important to understand the power of negative thinking. Allah says:
وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْنًا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَامًا
“The servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say words of peace.” (Surah Al-Furqan 25:63)
Quran emphasizes the acceptance of Allah Almighty in the hearts of Muslims to attain the level of wealth. The wealth is not in sense of money but the wealth of heart satisfaction. The inner peace is accepting Islam in hearts that eventually will lead to the submissiveness of the world for the believer.
How to Build Self Confidence through Positive Affirmations
- Quran told us about His attributes, names, and deeds
- Quran focuses divine light on each and every object
- Quran teaches forgive those who did wrong to you
- Quran is a piece of knowledge and lessons
- Quran encourages us to focus on the good
- Quran invoke to good deeds and has Faith
- Quran teaches you to look for the best
- Quran is a pearl of the book wisdom
- Quran is the word of Allah directly
- Quran teaches that being thankful
- Quran console us with positivity
- Quran pointed all about this world
- Quran contains all kinds of principles
- Quran is a material and spiritual guide
- Quran is a piece of knowledge and lessons
- Quran is a source of guidance for humanity
- Quran has shown mankind the path of repentance
- Quran focus on the positive during an immense loss
- Quran is a miracle in terms of its words and meaning
- Quran teaches that problems are opportunities to learn
Positive affirmations help purify our thoughts. They train our minds to stop over-focusing on the negatives and instead re-channel our minds to see the beauty that Allah has created us with – inside out. Persistent inner work can change habits of thoughts. Allah says:
لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ فِي أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ
“We have certainly created mankind in the best of stature.” (Surah At-Tin 95: 4)
Negative thoughts and tensions are like birds. We cannot stop them from flying near us but, we can certainly stop them from making a nest in our mind. The mind can be directed towards positive thinking or negative thinking. The power of thought is a neutral power. The way one thinks determines whether the results are positive and beneficial or negative and harmful. It is the same energy acting in different ways.
Positivity is about feeling thankful and focusing on the good:
Avoid negative thinking: We must be willing to put energy and time to avoid negative thinking and pursue positive thinking, in order to change your mental attitude.
Great hope to the door of Mercy: Those who come positive and with great hope to the door of Mercy of the Almighty Creator will Insha Allah not return empty-handed.
Teachings of Islam: Thinking positive is a very important element of Islam. The most powerful weapon you have at your disposal is Du’a (prayer). Use it and use it often.
Let the power of negative thinking: You let the power of negative thinking rule your life. Try replacing such negative thoughts with positive ones.
Talk to your beloved Allah: Allah does not create a lock without a key, and Allah doesn’t give you problems without its solutions. Trust Allah! While recognizing these problems, picture yourself as mastering each one.
Allah has a plan for you: We should strive to give the best version of ourselves to Allah.
وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلَا يَزِيدُ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلَّا خَسَارًا
“And we send down of the Quran that which is healing and mercy for the believers.” (Surah Al-Isra 17:82)
Due to our outlook on life, we often fail to see Allah’s bounty. He may test us with ease just as He tests us with hardship. Let them motivate you to worship Allah more. So enjoy the light and warmth of the sun as it shines on you. Remember the same sun shines on people that have been stricken with greater problems than you.
Allah Almighty says in The Holy Quran:
- “But remind by the Quran whoever fears my threat.” (Qaf 50:45)
- “We have not neglected in the Register a thing.” (Al-An ‘am 6:38)
- “…So take what I have given you and be among the grateful.” (Quran, 7:144)
- “The Quran is guidance and glad tidings for those who believe.” (Al-Baqara, 2-97)
- “And we send down of the Quran that which is healing and mercy for the believers.” (Al-Isra 17:82)
- “O you who have been given the Scripture! Believe in what We have revealed confirming what is (already) with you…” (Quran 4:47)
- “O you who believe! Bow down and prostrate yourselves and worship your Lord, that you may succeed.” (Quran 22:77)
Positive Affirmations are statements that help us overcome negative and self-sabotaging thoughts. When we repent, believe, and act upon them, we gain inner strength and that’s how we start to make positive changes in our lives. The same goes with the negative thoughts about ourselves. When we repeat them often, we become them. Allah says:
إِنَّ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ يَهْدِي لِلَّتِي هِيَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا
“Indeed the Quran guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward.” (Surah Al-Isra`17:9)
Always think that Allah has a plan for you, if something goes wrong, it will probably lead you to something good. Allah is working things out for you, even if you don’t feel it. Have faith and be thankful. Where faith and hope grows, miracles blossoms. Visualize yourself handling each situation creatively; being a success; gradually allowing your given potential to blossom. Allah says:
وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ
“And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive to Allah.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 45)
Allah has created us with a purpose and it’s our duty to strive and fulfill that purpose. He has given us unique skills and qualities, which will help strengthen our self-confidence. Neither should we think low of ourselves nor become arrogant. Trust Allah to assist you in utilizing your amazing capabilities to succeed and help the Ummah. We must try to recite Quran daily and look over the meanings to completely understand the message of Allah.