Beliefs are very important in Islam. To be considered a Muslim, one must believe and recite a statement of faith known as the Shahada: “There is no God but God, and Muhammad is his Prophet.”Islam, the most obvious one being the sense of calmness and well being that descends upon any person who realizes they have discovered one of life’s most basic truths. Allah said:
قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَ
Say, “If you love Allah, then follow Allah will love you and He will forgive for you your sins. And Allah (is) Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Surah Al-Imran 3:31)
Establishing a relationship with God most purely and simply is liberating and exhilarating, and it results in serenity. However it is not the only advantage of converting to Islam, there are other benefits that one would experience and we will discuss them here one by one. Allah said:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter, he will be one of the losers.” (Surah Al-Imran 3:85)
Islam emancipates the mind from superstitions and uncertainties; it liberates the soul from sin and corruption and frees the conscience from oppression and fear. Submission to the will of God does not curtail freedom, on the contrary, it gives a very high degree of freedom by freeing the mind from superstitions and filling it with truth and knowledge.
How we will be aware of the actual purpose of life:
- The Door to Eternal Paradise
- Salvation from Hellfire
- Positive Outlook on Life
- Forgiveness of Sins
- Real Happiness and Inner Peace
- Forgiveness for All Previous Sins
- Close Relationship with the Creator
- Happiness, tranquillity and inner peace
- Accountability and Ultimate Justice
- Converting to Islam allows a person to truly experience God’s love
Converting to Islam allows a person to truly experience God’s love. Converting to Islam allows a person to achieve God’s love by following His guide to life – the Quran, and the authentic teachings and traditions of the Prophet Muhammad. When God created the world He did not abandon it to instability and insecurity. He sent a rope, firm and steady, and by holding tightly to this rope an insignificant human being can achieve greatness and eternal peace. In the words of the Quran, God makes His desires clear, however, human beings have free will and are free to either please or displease God.
Here are some important and benefits of Islam:
- Islam transcends from all types of allegiance for this world
- Islam keep away to get involved in vulgarity or immorality
- Islam emancipates the mind from superstitions
- Islam strengthening our relationship with Allah
- Islam Commitment means striving for peace
- Islam emphasizes both evidence and faith
- Islam teaches one should not harm others
- Islam allows a person to truly God’s love
- Islam gives a person a clear perspective
- Islam itself is an inherently inner peace
- Islam teaches us about good and bad
- Islamic rules being a good Muslim
- Islam provides equal opportunity
- Islam satisfies the spiritual need
- Islam trend to a believer in God
- Islam is the future of the world
- Islam bend to mutual caring
- Islam will help go to Heaven
- Islam make our life better
- Islam the true way of life
- Islam is a shield against evil
- Islam encourages God’s mercy
- Islam is a God promises Paradise
- Islam considers to rights of others
- Islam is to develop a peaceful society
- Islam has a message people all times
- Islam teaches that ultimately be judged
- Islam free to no longer slaves to fashion
- Islam teaches a true living an Islamic life
- Islam believe judged based on intentions
- Islam teaches that God is the Most Justice
- Prayer done right helps you be more humble
- Islam a religion of peace, the fastest growing
- Prayer solves problems and unites the Ummah
- Islam acquire peace, harmony, tranquillity, and happiness
- Islam helps to reduce all types of social illnesses in society
- Islam is best to stop all types of exploitation in all their forms
- Islam control your lusts, selfishness, desires, greed, ego, and conceitedness
Pure and Clear Concept of God
Unlike other religions, Islam is not named after its founder or the community of its birth. Islam is an attributive title that signifies obedience to God, the Creator of the Universe. One of its main beauties is that it acknowledges the complete perfection, greatness, and uniqueness of God with absolutely no compromises. This is reflected in Islam’s pure teachings of the attributes of God.
The following six beliefs are those that are commonly held by Muslims, as laid out in the Quran and Hadith.
- Belief in the Oneness of God: Muslims believe that God is the creator of all things and that God is all-powerful and all-knowing. God has no offspring, no race, no gender, nobody, and is unaffected by the characteristics of human life.
- Belief in the Angels of God: Muslims believe in angels, unseen beings who worship God and carry out God’s orders throughout the universe. The angel Gabriel brought the divine revelation to the prophets.
- Belief in the Books of God: Muslims believe that God revealed holy books or scriptures to several God’s messengers. Muslims believe that only the Quran remains as it was first revealed to the prophet Muhammad.
- Belief in the Prophets or Messengers of God: Muslims believe that God’s guidance has been revealed to humankind through specially appointed messengers, or prophets, throughout history, beginning with the first man, Adam, who is considered the first prophet. Twenty-five of these prophets are mentioned by name in the Quran, including Noah, Abraham, Moses. Muslims believe that Muhammad is the last in this line of prophets, sent for all humankind with the message of Islam.
- Belief in the Day of Judgment: Muslims believe that on the Day of Judgment, humans will be judged for their actions in this life; those who followed God’s guidance will be rewarded with paradise; those who rejected God’s guidance will be punished with hell.
- Belief in the Divine Decree: This article of faith addresses the question of God’s will. It can be expressed as the belief that everything is governed by divine decree, namely that whatever happens in one’s life is preordained, and that believers should respond to the good or bad that befalls them with thankfulness or patience. This concept does not negate the concept of “free will;” since humans do not have prior knowledge of God’s decree, they do have freedom of choice.
Emphasizes Both Evidence and Faith
Islam is a religion in which faith is based on clear proof. It encourages people to use their God-given intelligence to think and ponder over their life and the universe. Although this life is a test, God has provided sufficient signs and guidance to people who are open-minded and sincere to be able to acknowledge the truth. Allah says:
لَّقَدْ أَنزَلْنَا آيَاتٍ مُّبَيِّنَاتٍ وَاللَّهُ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
“Verily, We have sent down Verses clear. And Allah guides whom He wills to a path straight.” (Surah An-Nur 24:46)
Unlike other religions, there are many clear proofs, signs, and miracles that the book of Islam, The Quran, is from God.
- Quran has a profound effect on all those who are sincerely searching for the truth
- Quran is universally known as the pinnacle of Arabic eloquence
- Quran contains a unique and inimitable style of language
- Quran contains a simple, pure and universal message
- Quran is free from any errors or contradictions
- Despite it being revealed over 23 years
- Quran is preserved, word-for-word
- Since it was revealed in its original Arabic language
- Unlike other scriptures that have been distorted, changed or lost
- Quran’s linguistic beauty – yet the Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Quran contains many amazing scientific facts which have only been discovered recently, despite being revealed over 1400 years ago
The most rational explanation for the many unique and miraculous aspects of the Quran is that it cannot be from other than God.
Practical and Balanced Way of Life
Islam provides the right balance between faith and action, as both are required for a stable life. It guides all situations and circumstances. It is a practical religion with practical acts of worship that are designed to fulfil the spiritual, physical, psychological and social needs of people.
Examples of practical acts of worship that have numerous benefits include:
- The five daily prayers enrich the soul by satisfying the spiritual need of being in regular contact with God
- Prayers make one humble by bowing and prostrating to God
- Prayer removes any barriers/pride/racism between believers praying in the congregation
- Prayer helps one refrain from committing sins given the person stands regularly before God.
- Prayer and charity purifies a person from selfishness; encourages empathy to the poor; reminds one of the blessings of God; helps reduce poverty; bridges the gap between rich and poor.
- The fasting in Ramadan – Promotes spiritual self-purification, self-restraint, and growth; scientifically proven health benefits; empathy and awareness of those less fortunate; trains people to acquire the habit of obeying God.
- The pilgrimage – Unites people of every colour, race, status, and nationality, as pilgrims wear simple and similar clothing while performing a range of good deeds in the congregation.
Given that Islam is from God, every command found in the religion is ultimately good and beneficial to the individual and society when practised correctly. Quranic examples include being honest, forgiving, truthful, kind to one’s wife, patient, fair, moderate, modest, sincere, and respecting parents, family and the elderly.
There are also many principles in the teachings of Islam that prevent or reduce many of the individual and social ills facing the world today.
لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ فَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انفِصَامَ لَهَا وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ
“(There is) no compulsion in the religion. Surely has become distinct the right (path) from the wrong. Then whoever disbelieves in false deities and believes in Allah, surely he grasped the handhold – [the] firm, (which) not (will) break [for it]. And Allah (is) All-Hearing, All-Knowing.” (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:256 )
Islam’s timeless and beautiful message is the same message of all Prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad (peace be upon them all). They all called their people to “Submit to the One True God” which, in Arabic, means to become a “Muslim”. This submission to God enables one to fulfil the purpose of life by acknowledging the greatness of God and sincerely worshipping him alone. In doing so, one will acquire the countless benefits of Islam mentioned above.