It is in human nature that when a person likes someone, it tries its best to say no word of offense in order to please that individual, like parents, let go of most of the mistakes of their children because they love them. Same is the case of a true Muslim, who knows that the purpose of its presence in this world is solely to live according to the directions of Allah SWT, being closer to Him and gain His Affection.
- “It is You (Allah) we worship and You ask for help.” (Quran, 1:5)
- “O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is a sin.” (The Holy Quran 49:12)
- “And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.” (The Holy Quran 49:12)
- “Believe in Allah and His Messenger and spend out of that in which He has made you successors. For those who have believed among you and spent, there will be a great reward.” (The Holy Quran 57:7)
- “And if you [must] turn away from the needy awaiting mercy from your Lord which you expect, then speak to them a gentle word.” (The Holy Quran 17:28)
If you start an action while seeking the pleasure of Allah, then you are sincere in doing it. Even if we assume that a Muslim started an action with the intention of showing off, it is possible for him to rectify this intention and accustom himself to sincerity.
The Creator wishes human life to be elevated, happy, based on pure motives and characterized by mutual compassion, brotherhood, purity of heart, a clean conscience, unwavering commitment, and beneficial behavior.