An instant energy booster, banana is one fruit that is commonly available across the globe.Bananas are full of healthy potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and B6, they aren’t recommended for everyone.Potassium is a critical nutrient that is found in every cell of the body, used to generate the electrical charge that keeps cells functioning correctly. It also helps to keep your heart rate steady, triggers release of insulin to control blood sugar, and supports an optimal blood pressure.
Healthy adults are encouraged to consume between 3,500-4,700mg of potassium per day, depending on lifestyle and other factors. An average banana contains about 450mg of this vital nutrient.Sodium also negatively affects the heart. Boosting potassium while reducing sodium is probably the single most important change you can make to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Adding a banana to your daily diet has an array of benefits in your body. Bananas help you reach your weight-loss goals, keep your bowels healthy, provide nutrients that regulate heart rhythm and have vitamin compounds for eye health. Keep a bunch of bananas on your desk at work and replenish your stock each week.
Good Reasons to Eat a Banana Today:
- Get Potassium in a Tasty Package
- Support Healthy Blood Pressure
- Lower Cancer Risk
- Boost Heart Health
- Ease in Digestion
- High Fibre Content
- Helps Fight Anaemia
- Sooth Tummy Troubles
- Potential Weight Loss
- Better Digestive Health
- Normal Heart Function
- Powerhouse of Nutrients
- Produce red blood cells
- You’ll Start Burning Fat
- You’ll Look Less Bloated
- You’ll Feel Happier Faster
- Your Blood Sugar Will Get Stabilized
- You’ll Feel Less Of Stress And Anxiety
- Maintain a healthy nervous system
- Counteract calcium loss during urination
- Support brain health by producing serotonin
- Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms
- Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes
- Produce collagen – the protein which holds your skin
- Protect your body against cell and tissue damage
- Protect against muscle cramps during workouts
- Remove unwanted chemicals from your liver and kidneys
- Metabolise carbohydrates and fats, turning them into energy
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan
- Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
Due to the high iron content in bananas, they are good for those suffering from anaemia. Anaemia is a condition where there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells or haemoglobin in the blood. This leads to fatigue, shortness of breath, and paleness. But, as we always say that moderation is the key.
Banana is a heavyweight when it comes to nutrition. It is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. These all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keeping you healthy.Most of us think primarily about sodium when we want to lower our blood pressure. In reality, it is a delicate balance of sodium and potassium that supports a healthy blood pressure.
Eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies lowers cancer risk overall because these foods are nutrient-rich without the addition of troubling salt, refined sugar, chemical preservatives, and food dyes.Bananas in particular are a good source of vitamin C, which helps to strike down the formation of cancer-causing free radicals. Their high fiber content is also thought to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
Potassium is a vital component of any healthy diet and bananas are a great source of it. Studies have shown that a high potassium intake offers up to a 20% lower risk of dying from all causes.Not only are bananas relatively bland and easy to digest, they replace vital electrolytes like potassium that are lost in large quantities during bouts of diarrhea. The fiber content of bananas also helps to promote regularity.
It is also thought that bananas can trigger migraines in people who are susceptible to them, so stick to half a banana daily if this is you.And finally, some people are allergic to bananas, so avoid them entirely if you find they cause symptoms like itching, swelling, hives, or wheezing.